From its inception, Oakridge has been a mission-oriented church. We designate a significant portion of our time, talents, and resources to serving our community here in Oakville and throughout the world, as well as helping others who also serve around the world.
Our Missions Team spent a week in Camiri, Bolivia this February. Have a look at was accomplished!
As a missional community we:
- Support biblically-based ministries that are reaching out to the communities around us and around the world.
- Provide a program that increases the awareness of and interest in global mission among Oakridge members. To accomplish this, the program allows broad participation so anyone in the church can be involved by giving or going.
- In addition, the program is designed to make missions a way of life for our church. Oakridge Bible Chapel has sponsored several trips during the year. Recent short-term mission projects include locales such as Nicaragua, Belize, and Birmingham, UK.
Our Oakridge supported Missionaries include:
- Robert Cousins Director of Tyndale Intercultural Ministries (TIM Centre)
TIM Centre links a vast network of local churches, denominations and mission organizations, partnering with church and para-church organizations to carry out its mandate. TIM Centre also offers exposure to international mission leaders who offer academic and practical teaching related to missions.
- Gordon and Susan Rumford, Gordon Rumford Ministries
Gordon Rumford Ministries partners with a number of churches in a ministry of teaching, mentoring and counselling.
- Brian and Sally Seim, Urban Ministries Champion with Serving in Mission (SIM)
(International & Canada)
Brian Siem exercises an influential role as a resource person and mentor in many of SIM’s foreign countries. In Canada he gives field leadership for Urban Connexions.
- Trans World Radio
- Larry Janzen with Avant Ministries
- 614 Thornclif Park
- Paul & Penny Jolin, Camp Joli-B
- Stephen Hawkins, Operation Mobilisation (OM)
Our youth love to get involved too! Take a peek at our youth missions trip of 2012: